Welcome!

In an effort to stay in touch with friends and family all over the world, Matt and I have created a blogspot....well, who are we kidding...I've created it and added little tid bits about Matt in it ;) At any rate, I hope you enjoy our pictures, slideshows, rants, raves and everyday happenings of our rather newly married life.

Cheers!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Football season is upon us!


As any loyal SEC fan knows...football season is upon us. This weekend marks Auburn's first game against Louisianna Monroe. A relatively "easy" opponent, however I've learned never to underestimate Auburn's adversaries after watching Ga. Tech defeat Auburn a couple years ago. Still...the first game of the season is always fun and I'm excited to have a different job this football season (one that doesn't require me to work on the weekends) so I can enjoy all the tailgating festivities.
We're staying with Trevor while we're there and looking forward to seeing Paige and JH again this weekend. They were in Atlanta this past weekend for Mandie and Charles' wedding and it was great to be with all my Auburn girls again. The wedding was at the 755 Club at Turner Field and the DJ kept us dancing and drinking until the weee hours, in true Auburn fashion!

At any rate, we'll be in Auburn this weekend and then off to the lake with my family to enjoy the rest of the Labor Day holiday.
Here's a picture of Matt and I in front of an empty Turner Field.
Here's hoping my Auburn boys play a good game this weekend because Matt will be in a bad mood if they don't :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

WAR EAGLE!! Wish we could be at the game...I am so jealous. Have a great time in Auburn.