Welcome!

In an effort to stay in touch with friends and family all over the world, Matt and I have created a blogspot....well, who are we kidding...I've created it and added little tid bits about Matt in it ;) At any rate, I hope you enjoy our pictures, slideshows, rants, raves and everyday happenings of our rather newly married life.

Cheers!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Are we getting older....or just better?

Tonight was my mom's birthday and as we sat there celebrating her 58th year on earth I thought about what it means to really age. I mention it because just last night Matt and I sat around outside on our new patio set with Candice, Brenda and Steven grilling out, drinking some wine and entirely too much Michelob Ultra. Before we knew it, it was 11pm and we'd been chatting about anything and everything for hours! It was one of the most fun and most relaxing nights I've had in awhile and Candice made the comment that we must be getting really old when this is more fun than hitting the clubs or yelling over people at some loud bar. I thought about it and I've come to the conclusion that its not so much about "getting old" as it is just getting tired of doing the same old thing over and over again. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result.....I think that as we get older, we just get tired of doing that same thing over and over again, so as any "sane" person would deduce....you change it up, you evolve, you find new and fun ways to entertain yourself and if thats grilling out and having a low-key Wednesday night....then so be it! Sign me up, I'm officially old and I'm embracing it with full vigor and enthusiasm :)

We're off to Charleston tomorrow to see Hayley and Evan. Seafood at Mimis on the marsh, drinks atop the rooftop bar at Vendue and a little beach time sounds like heaven right now. Matt has a break between summer and fall semesters, so he wanted to take full advantage of it and well, we always know I'm up for a trip. As always....pictures to come!

No comments: