Welcome!

In an effort to stay in touch with friends and family all over the world, Matt and I have created a blogspot....well, who are we kidding...I've created it and added little tid bits about Matt in it ;) At any rate, I hope you enjoy our pictures, slideshows, rants, raves and everyday happenings of our rather newly married life.

Cheers!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Robbed!

Well....after about a week of being down and out without a computer, I'm back up and running and ready to blog once again.

So to recap...on Thursday, January 22nd Matt and I's house was broken into....probably the most violating and unsettling thing that has happened to me ever. They kicked in the back door, broke our screens/window and took our TVs, computers, and cameras! Matt came home for lunch to find everything a mess and called me right away. My heart sank when I heard the words come out of Matt's mouth "we've been robbed". I hope to never hear those words again!

Since then our lives have been in worldwind security mode. I'll be the first to admit, we've definitely punched it into overdrive, but after something like this happens you never really want to be at home and when you are at home....you want to make sure you're safer than Fort Knox!

So....hightened security systems, motion detectors, new deadbolts, and last but certainly not least...a new buddy are sure to do the trick!

Meet Hunter....a Siberian Husky/ German Shepherd mix and hopefully the new member of our family and sure to keep us safe! We're going to meet him on Saturday and if all goes well...we'll be bringing him home that day! He's a year and a half and already fully trained, house broken, and crate trained...which is always nice! Matt is super excited and I think it will be a great way to start 2009 off on the right foot. So here's to a new start, a new dog, and a newly secure house!


No comments: